Monday, December 6, 2010

The Great Pumpkin Escapade

The Great Pumpkin, grown by my mother. It was baked to harvest it's flesh on 11.20.2010.

I got tons of pumpkin without really trying hard!

The first thing I made was a pumpkin maple pecan cheesecake, 11.21.2010. It had issues...I didn't realize how difficult cheesecake really was! It was over-mixed and over-baked but it still tasted pretty good and the topping was AMAZING!


My next attempt was a regular pumpkin cheesecake, 11.22.2010. This was mixed better and baked better. I included a pan with water in it below the cheesecake for hydration. It wasn't cracked when it came out but it did crack a little after cooling. I don't think I'll try a cheesecake again until I get a food processor.


Pumpkin pies baked for Thanksgiving on 11.24.2010. These were awesome! It was a Paula Dean recipe where I accidently bought heavy cream rather than half & half and not so accidently added the addition of 1/4 of teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.

Pumpkin cake with streusal and glaze baked for Thanksgiving but was actually eaten for breakfast on the Friday after, 11.24.2010. I wanted to use my special Thanksgiving pan and it came out really well the streusal would be better in a regular tube pan which I'll use next time. I would totally make this cake again as it was exceptionally good.

No comments:

Post a Comment