Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cake Catch-Up

Cake #22 is called Honey Spice Cake with Rum Glaze and it was made on 8.22.2010. This cake is delicious, moist and has a strong honey taste. I would totally make this cake again!

Cake #23 was the Araby Spice Cake made 8.29.2010. While it was a very tasty cake and the frosting went perfectly with it, it did not excite me. Of course the frosting wasn't perfect b/c of the order I mixed the ingrediants but I would make the frosting again before I'd make the cake. It was closer to a coffee cake which I have discovered is not my thing.


Cake #24, Holiday Honey Cake made 9.6.2010 made for the Rosh Hashanah holiday. It was a good cake with just about every spice in the cabinet but it was boring for me. No glaze or frosting...another cake that would be really good with coffee but not as a dessert for moi.

2 comments:

  1. My jealousy of your cake baking knows no bounds. I want to bake my way through this book, too. Maybe I'll pull it off in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I owe you a huge thanks for introducing me to this cookbook! No other thing has been able to entice me into the kitchen...I thought I was a confirmed non-cooker ;-) I would love to see your experiences with baking this book too...it would be fun to compare notes!

    ReplyDelete