Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cakes # 26 & 27

Cake #26 was Banana Cake with Chocolate Frosting (10.10.2010). I love just about any cake with frosting but I have found that making frosting the right consistency is a challenge for me...it has been hit or miss with mostly misses. The same goes for this cake although it wasn't as bad as my first attempt with frosting so at least there is an improvement. I thought perhaps I baked it a tiny bit too long (like maybe 2 minutes) but mostly I am pleased with this cake.




Cake #27 was Apple Cake, 10.16.2010 and it was delicious! I made it with Macoun apples even though the recipe called for Granny Smith. I was afraid that it was going to be an oily cake based on another review of this recipe but it proved to be not at all the case. My main complaint is that the baking time was off. It said to bake the cake for 1 hour but it took more like 1 hour and 15 minutes. Also it said I could bake it in an 8 inch square or 9 inch round. I chose the square and I had a bit of overflow problems during baking. But the flavors of this cake...Mmmmmmm!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment