Saturday, October 2, 2010

October Have the Cake Challenge

This is only my 2nd ever layer cake and my first try at dividing the layers. The request for this cake was chocolate, vanilla with mocha frosting for a birthday. All the recipes come from the fantastic cookbook All Cakes Considered by Melissa Grey.

With 3 of the 4 layers and their base mocha frosting. My dividing skills need work although the toothpick and string trick worked really well.
All fully frosting and ready for candles. If I eventually get really into layer cakes I am thinking a frosting and decorating class might be a good idea...right now I'm just happy to cover the cake completely with frosting.
It was a very tasty cake...my main issue is the fact that my cake building and frosting skills needs work. But it's taste that ultimately matters right? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment