Sunday, June 6, 2010

The June "Have the Cake" challenge!

The June challenge for the Have the Cake community is Strawberry Shortcake .

I highly recommend, if possible, using local fresh strawberries! These were unbelievably tasty!
This biscuits didn't raise as much as they should have...I believe the reason for this was because the recipe called for 3 tablespoons and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, and I only put in 3 tablespoons by accident. And also because I clearly can't tell what an inch is and spread out my dough too far making each biscuit too thin. The good thing is that it all still tasted amazing! Oh and there is green course sugar because I didn't have white, heh.
Ahhh the heavenily strawberries tossed with fresh lemon juice and sugar await their destiny!
The whipped cream came out pretty good so I was stupidly happy about that :-)
The finished yumminess!!

So from scratch strawberry shortcake is not that difficult and is so amazing that I can not wait to make it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment